Wednesday, March 17, 2010

follow your dreams?

Tuesday 16th March 2010. 814 am.

As I was browsing through The Sun early in the morning, a particular article attracts my attention. Normally I’m not a person who starts reading newspaper from the front page. (I start from the back-SPORTS! To see any of my favs made it into headlines) In fact, I don’t usually read news paper. So as I was saying about this article, it was on page 12. (Search for it, today’s date) title: U LEARN, X-PLORE, LIVE! PASSIONS TAKE FLIGHT. “Four hobbies, four jobs, four young people with the world at their feet.”

This article talks about 4 young people who have their dreams come true by doing what they love the most for a living. It is not easy as 123 to just ‘LIVE YOUR DREAMS’ just like that. They have the courage to leave their stable, very promising job just to live their dreams, with lots of uncertainty and they become successful. If you ask me what is my dream, or what do I love most? I would probably answer them I do not know. A sudden sharp thought poke my mind.. I have no direction in my career, where am I heading or what I love the most now. I just live my life, with the flow. BORING!@#$@&*%

The only therapeutic things I do is drawing.. no. can’t even call it drawing. I call it conteng! I draft what I want my house to be. What I want my room to looks like. I like that. I even thought of going into interior design pathway when I was pretty young.

Some people have plans ahead of them. ok. I had something or some plans in my mind when I was young, but I was too afraid to execute. I’m afraid it could go wrong. I’m afraid of failure. I’m afraid of what that can’t be seen and the uncertainty I will face. Can I make it through? Dreams? Plans? I have a lot to think. Very challenging.

A simple, stable, and secure path successfully pulling me away. LAZY made it into my journey. I let it be as it is.. and eventually it has become something redundant, not needed and not important.

There was this sentence, *He has plans to continue breathing in new twists into old products and taking his company further into the market.* The editor ended the article with a question. ‘So we throw this challenge to you, dear readers. What have you done at your age?’

I am 24. Nothing.

*not an emo post*

2 comments:

Peanutxz said...

we have each other! XD *hugz*

chyeli said...

a very good piece actually.. love what u have just written above.. it trigger my thinking too.. i am same.. 24 but do nothing much.. but px is rite.. we have each other..
but i still think 24 is consider young.. u can still u know.. make a u-turn, turn right or even left instead of letting ur vehicle going straight comfortably as u see the road ahead it smooth and safe, it make u willing to go on, though it is boring, but u feel secure and it is in ur comfort zone. where as if u turn, u might bump into bumpy road, winding road or whateva it is, it is just not as straight as u could recall seeing right ahead u..
but that make the miracle in this world.. at each turning point, u learn something new, at each hole, u understand them more..
so, wat r u waiting for.. go on ahead and make a turning, either it is left, right o u-turn.. u have our support.. =) i know u been thinking of ur family.. but still.. take out ur courage.. way to go cherry...